I Love Kent Island LOVES small businesses! Small businesses across the country have taken a hit over the last two years. Local businesses on Kent Island are no exception. Now, more than ever, our local business community needs our help. Here are five ways you can support Kent Island Businesses this holiday season.
How Can You Help?
- Shop Local! This one seems obvious, right? There are plenty of fantastic offerings here on the island. Struggling with what to get for Grandma or your father-in-law? Hit up a local shop and ask for their recommendation. You’ll be sure to walk away with something wonderful.
- Use your Voice. This is a FREE way to support Kent Island businesses this holiday season! Experience wonderful service? Leave them a review on Google, Yelp, Facebook, and more. Better yet, post your experience on your own social media platforms so that your friends see the personal recommendation.
- Get Social. Small businesses are always playing the algorithm game with social media platforms. Another FREE way to support is to like, comment and share their social media posts so that they get more engagement and interaction.
- Practice Patience and Kindness. The holiday season is stressful for local retailers. Add pandemic hits to their business, supply chain and shipping delays-this holiday season will be like no other, and likely full of pressure. Employ extra patience when shopping with our local businesses-and follow Santa’s golden rule: always be kind.
- Eat Local. Serve Local. Take a break in the kitchen and be sure to eat local this holiday season. Kent Island is full of delectable restaurants and offerings. When planning your holiday gatherings, serve local foods and order in from local businesses. Many Kent Island restaurants are offering holiday meal packages! Purchase gift cards to use after the holiday season to help boost business. Avoid using apps like door dash and grub hub that take large percentages from each order.
Have Fun Supporting Local
You can also support our local businesses is by participating in the I Love Kent Island Christmas Crab Hunt this month! This holiday scavenger hunt will send you all over Kent Island visiting our local shops and more. Find all the details and GET GOING here. For each Christmas Crab you find, you’ll be entered to win $800 in prizes!
Kent Island Holiday Gift Guide
ICYMI: The Kent Island Holiday Gift Guide is FULL of great presents! We are excited to feature some amazing and unique Kent Island local holiday gifts this year! The holidays are just around the corner and here at I Love Kent Island, we’re ready to shop! With all the talk of shipping delays, there is no better time to shop local and support Kent Island Small Businesses this holiday season. Remember, when you are supporting a small business, you are also supporting a neighbor’s dream.
I Love Kent Island
www.ILoveKentIsland.com is the premier online guide for locals and visitors alike. We spotlight the individuals, organizations, and events that make Kent Island both a magnificent place to live, visit, and play.
Planning a wedding or event on Kent Island? Check out our Love directory of local vendors ready to help you celebrate your special day! www.kentislandweddings.com
Ready to call Kent Island home? Allow Kent Island Kathy & the Shore Home Team of Keller Williams Flagship to be your guide! Local experts living and working on the Eastern Shore. Known for their custom marketing, strong negotiation skills and delivering a first-class experience to their clients. kentislandkathy.com