2022 is here and with it comes the opportunity for a fresh start! We’ve got you covered with a great list of New Year’s Resolutions for families! This year, I sat down with my family and set some goals-but not the usual “eat better, exercise more, yell less” goals. This year I wanted to set some goals that focus on togetherness and spreading kindness. With that in mind, I came up with a list to help us make a plan. We chose just three of these goals to do monthly and each month at the beginning of the month, we’ll have a family meeting and come up with our plans.
- Make one meal together each month Start to finish, planning, shopping, prep, and clean up-we’ll work together to create a meal for ourselves.
- Practice gratitude I know from my own experience that the more I remember to be grateful, the happier I am. I try my hardest to instill this in my children, but it’s hard somedays. I was just thinking that maybe we could have a “gratitude board” in our house somewhere where we just walk by and remember to write something we’re grateful for on it. At the end of the month we can look back and remember all the reasons to be thankful.
- Get outside more often Even when it’s cold, we’ll take walks, look at the stars, leaves changing, flowers blooming, and talk about how beautiful our world is.
- Monthly game nights. We play a lot of games already, but reserving that one night a month to play together. Maybe we’ll even throw in some new ones to learn 😉
- Plan a surprise for someone monthly Maybe it’s dropping a plant off to a neighbor, or leaving a surprise movie night basket for a friend. We will come up with some act of kindness and plan a surprise.
- Plan one family house project for the year. We bought a fixer upper last year and my kids love helping with reno projects. My husband and I may cringe at their painting skills or lack of attention to detail, but I’m convinced there’s some outdoor project we can work on together. Redoing our shed? Renovating our gardens? Some task we can accomplish together and see our results.
I hope these help to inspire your family to set some family goals this year! Happy New Year!
I Love Kent Island
www.ILoveKentIsland.com is the premier online guide for locals and visitors alike. We spotlight the individuals, organizations, and events that make Kent Island both a magnificent place to live, visit, and play.
Planning a wedding or event on Kent Island? Check out our Love directory of local vendors ready to help you celebrate your special day! www.kentislandweddings.com
Ready to call Kent Island home? Allow Kent Island Kathy & the Shore Home Team of Keller Williams Flagship to be your guide! Local experts living and working on the Eastern Shore. Known for their custom marketing, strong negotiation skills and delivering a first-class experience to their clients. kentislandkathy.com