As the seasons change, it’s time to prepare your home for the winter chill. Here’s a comprehensive Fall Home Maintenance checklist to ensure your house remains warm, safe, and cozy throughout the colder months.
Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
- Reverse Your Ceiling Fans: A simple task that can make a big difference. Fans should rotate clockwise to circulate warm air efficiently.
- Clean and Inspect Your Heating System and Fireplace: Schedule a professional to clean and inspect your heating system, including chimneys. Don’t forget to replace furnace filters and clean heating duct openings.
- Check Your Roof: Prevent winter leaks by replacing damaged shingles, inspecting rubber exhaust flashing, and clearing moss and debris.
- Clean the Gutters Regularly: Regular gutter cleaning keeps water flowing and prevents damage. Ensure they’re securely attached to your home.
- Turn Off Outside Water and Remove Hoses: Remove, drain, and store hoses to prevent frozen pipes. Use faucet covers if necessary.
- Check the Attic and Crawlspace: Address issues like pests, foundation cracks, and standing water to protect your home.
- Put New Batteries into Smoke and Carbon-Monoxide Detectors: Ensure your detectors are in top working order for safety.
- Look for Drafts Around Windows and Doors: Seal any leaks to keep your home warm and energy-efficient.
- Get Your Yard Ready for Colder Weather: Add fertilizer to your lawn, trim trees, and clear vegetation away from your house.
- Inspect the Front Entry, Walkways, and Porch (or Deck): Repair uneven surfaces and secure loose boards before the winter elements take their toll.
Taking these steps and using this Fall Home Maintenance Checklist now ensures a cozy and worry-free winter.
The Shore Home Team
Yes, you do see The Shore Home Team everywhere! We work hard for our clients from the Bay to the Beach and are raising the bar on marketing, the client experience, and community impact!
You can trust the Shore Home Team! Schedule your FREE Real Estate Consultation TODAY!
We provide full service with top-notch marketing that attracts the most buyers with beautiful staging and magazine-worthy photography + video, all included with every Shore Home Team listing. Call us to learn more about the Queen Anne’s September Real Estate Market
Kathy Higginbotham, Realtor & Team Leader
The Shore Home Team of Keller Williams Flagship