Have you ever had Football Sunday Turkey Chili?
One of my favorite things about fall is being able to lounge around watching football with my kids each Sunday. My kids are super into football this year – so we’ve started a new routine where we get all our jobs and prep for the week done in the morning so we can relax and enjoy each other later in the day. Part of that is making a pot of something yummy for dinner and that can feed us the first couple nights of the week. Our go-to is what I call Football Sunday Turkey Chili. We eat it with toppings or sometimes my kids even load it onto nachos. They LOVE nachos! I hope your family enjoys this recipe too.
- 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned kidney beans – drained, rinsed, and mashed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add turkey; cook and stir until evenly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in onion and cook until tender.
- Add water to the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic. Stir in chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with toppings such as chopped jalapeño, sour cream, cheese, and tortilla chips.
I Love Kent Island
www.ILoveKentIsland.com is the premier online guide for locals and visitors alike. We highlight the individuals, organizations, and events that make Kent Island a magnificent place to live, visit, and play.
Subscribe to our free newsletter! You will receive fresh ideas of local family-friendly fun and events. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram. We love keeping you updated with local happenings on Kent Island. ilovekentisland.com is a free website serving the community of Kent Island. If your business is interested in sponsoring ilovekentisland.com, email email@example.com today.
Ready to call Kent Island home? Allow Kent Island Kathy & the Shore Home Team of Keller Williams Flagship to be your guide! Local experts living and working on the Eastern Shore. Known for their custom marketing and strong negotiation skills. They deliver a first-class experience to their clients. Every time.