One of the quintessential parts of the holiday season is Christmas Cookies. I love to cook, but I’m not much of a baker. Honestly, I struggle with those exact measurements. But I love the holiday tradition of baking cookies with my family. Last. year all the cousins came over and we made a huge mess on my kitchen island and I loved every minute of it! Here’s the easy sugar cookie recipe I love:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, (large)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, (measured correctly)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- First, combine your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt together in a small bowl and set the dry mixture aside.
- Using a mixer, beat together the egg, butter, sugar and vanilla extract together until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly add flour into the butter mixer until it is fully incorporated.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts and roll out each piece to ¼-inch thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out your favorite shapes.
- Bake the cookies for 10. minutes or until edges turn golden. Allow them to cool.
- Decorate the cookies as you please or eat them up plain!
I sure hope you love this Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe as much as I do!
I Love Kent Island
www.ILoveKentIsland.com is the premier online guide for locals and visitors alike, as we shine a spotlight on the individuals, organizations, and events that make Kent Island both a magnificent place to live, visit, and play.
Planning a wedding or event on Kent Island? Check out our Love directory of local vendors ready to help you celebrate your special day! www.kentislandweddings.com
Ready to call Kent Island home? Allow Kent Island Kathy & the Shore Home Team of Keller Williams Flagship to be your guide! They are local experts that live and work on the Eastern Shore, are known for their custom marketing, strong negotiation skills and delivering a first-class experience to their clients. kentislandkathy.com