Chocolate cupcakes were born out of a 1796 cookbook called American Cookery. And these days, chocolate cupcakes are setting their own trends. (Just take a look at TikTok) October 18th is National Chocolate Cupcake Day, and we thought we’d let you in on a secret. The chocolate cupcakes on Kent Island are delish! And we’re excited to feature fan-favorite, Fields of Heather Bakery located right in Chester.
About Fields of Heather
Now, let’s talk about the owner, Heather. Heather was born and raised on Kent Island. She is a graduate of AACC with degrees in Business Management, Culinary Arts with emphasis in Baking and Pastry and Entrepreneurship. And Heather holds a B.S. in Food Service Entrepreneurship from Johnson & Wales. Fields of Heather’s shop has been open for almost ten years. Originally, the bakery was operated out of Heather’s home for five years. Heather shared, “we have embraced this wonderful community and they have made us part of their lives. I love how we get to celebrate all the special moments with them. Birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, babies, or just everyday happy moments and rewards.”
Fields of Heather has a little of everything available each day. And you can walk in on any given day and get a cup of coffee, breakfast sandwich, cupcake, doughnuts, pastry, cookie or any other items. (Spoiler alert: their breakfast sandwiches are AH-MAZING). Seasonal items are available too. Right now, they have a lot of pumpkin, apple, maple, cranberry and other fall favorites. And be on the lookout for Halloween treats launching this week. Fields of Heather is definitely a fan favorite to get chocolate cupcakes on Kent Island!
Chocolate Cupcake Flavors
- Chocolate cupcakes with White icing, chocolate icing, buttercream, or cream cheese icing
- Devil’s food delight cupcakes (a dense moist chocolate cupcake that happens to be egg and dairy free)
- Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing
- OMG! Peanut Butter Cupcake (chocolate cupcake filled with crushed peanut buttercups, topped with chocolate light and fluffy icing and more peanut butter cups)
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cupcake with chocolate fudge icing
- German Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Salted Caramel Cupcake (chocolate cupcakes filled with salted caramel, topped with buttercream and more salted caramel)
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cannoli Cupcake (chocolate cupcakes filled with cannoli cream, topped with whipped icing and mini chocolate chips)
- Chocolate Raspberry Cupcake with chocolate raspberry icing
Hungry yet? After reading all those scrumptious flavors, I sure am! Celebrate National Chocolate Cupcake Day on October 18th by heading over to Fields of Heather! Be sure to tell them I Love Kent Island sent you!
You can find Fields of Heather at 1553 Postal Road, Chester, Maryland 21619
(410) 643-3987 or email@example.com
www.ILoveKentIsland.com is the premier online guide for locals and visitors alike, as we shine a spotlight on the individuals, organizations, and events that make Kent Island both a magnificent place to live, visit, and play.
Planning a wedding or event on Kent Island? Check out our Love directory of local vendors ready to help you celebrate your special day! www.kentislandweddings.com
Ready to call Kent Island home? Allow Kent Island Kathy & the Shore Home Team of Keller Williams Flagship to be your guide! They are local experts that live and work on the Eastern Shore, are known for their custom marketing, strong negotiation skills and delivering a first-class experience to their clients. kentislandkathy.com